Simple Hair Mask for Dry Hair

Hi Pinks!!!

Today I wanted to share a really simple but the most effective D.I.Y oil hair mask. It worked magic in my hair. I have always had a awesome hair day whenever I use this oil hair mask!!!

My hair is long, straight and fine with oily scalp.  If I don't wash my hair every three days my scalp will look so greasy which makes going out really uncomfortable, you know what I mean.

Once back in 2011, I went to a hair saloon to get a hair spa. During the session I talked to the hair technician about my oily scalp problem and other hair stuff. She adviced me to avoid applying any kind of oil hair mask as I already have lot of natural oil in my scalp. After the session she also taught me a hair brushing technique (Post coming soon!) to distribute my natural scalp oil to my hair. 

I started using the hair brushing technique which really helped distributing my scalp oil till my hair ends. But as winter approached I started noticing my hair is loosing its smooth texture. Winter weather was sucking the moisture out of my hair. Just my scalp oil was not enough to condition and moisturize my hair. 

I thought of giving my D.I.Y oil hair masks a try to add moisture back in my hair. I should thank God that I tired it. I noticed a great difference in my hair just after once using the oil hair mask.  Ever since, I regularly apply this hair mask at least once a week. My hair has started to grow faster and it always feels soft, smooth and shiny.  





Oils

Usually I use coconut Oil. Even using just the oil without adding anything extra to it will leave my hair very soft and smooth. I prefer to add few drops of Argan Oil and Lavender Essential Oil. 

Argan oil is known for its conditioning properties with its fatty acids and vitamin E content. Lavender essential oil is a good choice for promoting hair growth. 

I have stored my D.I.Y-mix of oils in a amber coloured container. I used a amber colour container to protect the aromatic and therapeutic properties of the Lavender Essential Oil I added. If your not adding any Essential oils you can use any kind of storage container or bottle. 

I have mixed Coconut oil and Argan oil (optional) in 5:1propotion and added 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (optional)


How I apply

I scoop about a tablespoon of the D.I.Y oil mix. Warm it by rubbing in-between my palms. Apply it on to my scalp and hair from root to tip. put my hair in a top bun or a braid, leave it over night and rinse my hair in the morning with shampoo and continue with a conditioner. I would suggest to leave the hair mask at least for an hour before rinsing it off. 

Brands and Products I use

I use Parachute Coconut Oil, Josie Maran Argan Oil light and Original You Lavender Essential Oil. You can use any brand of pure and authentic oils to gain the best result. 

This mask is my all time favourite and a life saver.......I should say hair saver.....LOL.....

Will you use coconut oil for your hair? Let me know your opinion and results of using this overnight hair mask in the comments below. 

I am not sponsored or paid in anyways for the review. I bought all the above mentioned products in my own money. 


Thank you so much for reading. If you liked this post please do share it and subscribe to my mailing list to receive all my new post without missing it.

#mypinks


   






1 comment:

  1. Hello there. I discovered your blog by means of Google whilst looking for a related matter, your web site got here up. It looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit then.
    coconut oil uses

    ReplyDelete

Instagram